Skip to main content

Its the little things

There are days where its just the little things that make a difference. It can be the littlest things to irritate me, to make my day, to make me cry, to surprise me, to totally put me in awe. today is one of those day. sometimes i wonder if it has anything to do with how short my patience is(pertaining to the irritation part) or with what time of the month it is(pertaining to ALL of it, thank you mother nature, and for any of you males out there reading this, i do apologize, but its your problem, you decided to read it).  I wanted to cry today bc I saw the cutest little baby(ahem, Tyler Townsend) and i have no clue why.  and at the same time, it totally made my heart smile seeing him.  I saw the 'W' back on the from of "Wendy's" where it belonged. I was ECSTATIC> lemme tell ya, i was on the phone w Jared and he laughed bc i was soooooo excited. this whole recovery process for me is a big deal. like seeing the pieces put back together, its mending the wounds.  Jared took me last Friday down by the school and down Cherokee valley for the 1st time. I had not been anywhere near there so this was a me seeing it w a lot of it cleaned up. but even still. i ached. i cried. there is just no way of putting into words what you see. my close friend and hairdresser(the mother of cutie baby Tyler) Megan lives on that road. you can see on the ridge behind there house where one started(one of the small ones). for those who don't know, they believe there were 3 by the time it was on Cherokee valley, the one big one that went thru ringgold had a small one spawn off of it and go around it basically at rhs/rms campus. when it hit Cherokee valley another formed on the opposite side of the ridge and the 3 merged close. and when you drive down there, you can see it. Megan's house is still standing. minimal siding and roof damage and their house shifted. that's it. and they weren't home thank goodness.  you can see the destruction from her house just standing on the front porch. its unbelievable. but, I'm finally over that point. I've come face to face with all of it. and i can have a better grasp that it did happen, and it can happen, and things are going to get better.  so, the W on the front of Wendy's, yes, that's such a big deal. i predict that place will be open next week, I've seen lights on and there was a food truck there today.  progress. this town has got it, and its definitely faster than what anyone expected. this community is very strong and very blessed. I hate to say it but it could have been alot worse. so thankful it wasnt.
the little things, wendys' W, aunt Effie's OPEN sign, one random person picking up debris off the sidewalk... the little things have hit home w me today.

<3 K

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

As of Lately.....

I feel like my blog is full of cobwebs.... Haven't written in a while! And trust me I have a lot to share.  Yes, I know, I am in class right now and should be intently watching these presentations that are jsut SO interesting......(not) but really, I can't focus on them. They aren't anything that I need for my finals anyway. Finals...yes.  Next week I have finals.  Ready for it to be OVER.  I have everything I need turned in for the Education program in the fall and should be hearing from them sometime during the summer. Passed the GACE ;) SO thankful for that. I was way stressed.  Really enjoying my Education classes(unless I'm sitting here doing something pointless like today).  The papers haven't been too awful either,its just been a lot, very time consuming as you can tell since I haven't wrote in a while!  The worst part has been the people.... Thre are jsut soem people that I am like... If you become a teacher.... oh my goodness....  Not onl...

Rambling

Ever had so much in your head and there is so much you want to just get out but when you finally get to you don't even know the words to say? That's my current issue. I feel overwhelmed lately bc i have so much on my mind. which of course, you know me, i worry about 99.9% of what i am thinking about which causes me to think more and worry more.... "ohhhhhhhh ohhhh sweet child of mine" -sorry, guns n' roses interrupted me. Such a good song. I've had my music playing all day. and yes for those of your wondering, i spent my whole memorial day at home, being lazy. why? bc i needed it. i needed to rest after a nonstop week! plus i was able t do some things i wanted(found my room ...again... lol, made a somewhat mental list of things to pack for Florida and what i need at the store, spent some time with my Jared, slept in!)  I was exhausted today, i woke up that way.  my weekend was fun, don't get me wrong, just very long and tiring.  Friday was pretty long, w...

Thinking....

I guess I am way over due for a blog.  I never really take the time to sit down and write one anymore.  What better time than in class..... Lol  For once we have a free period. Dr Murphy is out of town and we are suppose to be working on his presentation.  We are all more concerned with lesson plans right now(gonna be the death of me). Out of all the classes I have right now in the education program, there is one that is the absolute worst.  Not because of the subject matter(its language arts) but because of the teacher.  I have never had a teacher so unorganized, unprepared, and really having no idea what the heck they are teaching.  New professor, never taught college before, only thing he has taught is social studies for middle and high school.... seriously? I don't even know what to think anymore.  And I can't go to the Dean, bc from what I have heard he is about worthless too.  There is no talking to either of th...